World War One Historical Information.
Many people from Maidenhead gave their lives during WW1 and this page gives some history of those known from the Parish of Boyne Hill. Elizabeth Bryson has carried out some excellent research which can be seen below*. If you are interested in this history please browse, or download the pdf. Information about the Guided Walks held in August 2015, along with the text of a talk given in May 2016, can also be found on the side bar.
* Information below has been updated - Feb 2016
* Information below has been updated - May 2016 - to include information about the soldiers who were billeted in the Parish and giving John Walton Bamber as an example - this information can be found at the end of the pdf
* Information below has been updated - June 2016 and Jul 2018 with information about William Howe Bissley
* Recorded Roll of Honour (All those who volunteered) added (2nd pdf) - Nov 2017
* Service to Re-dedicate the refurbished original WW1 Remembrance Board and to dedicate the new, additional, WW1 Remembrance Board. 21 Oct 2018 - More information about this service, which was attended by the MP for Maidenhead, Prime Minister Theresa May along with the Mayor of Windsor and Maidenhead can be seen here.
*Remembrance service to commemorate 100 years since the end of World War 1, followed by ringing of our church peal of bells as part of the national commemoration (see here). An address written by Elizabeth Bryson which also gave information about the names on the new Remembrance Board was read out and can be seen in full here.